Contract Type: Freelance 12 Month Contracts, with possibility of further extension
Reporting into: Operations Managers
Location: Shoreditch, London
Hourly Rate: £9.50 per hour
About the Company
The Ents Inc Limited is a new company that has been established for a highly innovative purpose; to blend the worlds of leisure, technology and video games. The company is from the founder of one of the UK’s most successful Immersive Theatre experiences, and promises to further push the boundaries of what people come to expect from entertainment with the world’s first real-life video game attraction, Chaos Karts.
This unbelievably exciting experience will combine the worlds of Competitive Socialising and Augmented Reality in order to bring the world an entirely unique and new leisure activity that channels the nostalgia of classic video games.
With a venue located in Shoreditch, we promise to turn the worlds of technology and leisure completely upside down. We are now hiring talented and hard-working individuals to make an unstoppable team for this exciting start-up.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for fun, dynamic and creative individuals to join our on the ground Operations Teams to assist in running the Chaos Karts site. You will be responsible for hosting guests, commentating on races, operating the Karts and upselling merchandise/ photos. The main outcome of the role is to ensure that the customer has positive experience.
You will be self-motivated, able to work independently or as part of a team. We will require you to have a high level of flexibility to suit the needs and operating hours of the business including weekdays, weekends and bank holidays.
The ideal candidate will be able to bring our brand-new gaming experience to life with their creative and engaging personality.
- Day to day hosting of the teams, in a exciting and engaging manner.
- Providing health and safety briefing to customers
- Trouble shooting problems as they arise.
- Commentating on the players races.
- Operating the Karts from the control box
- Ensuring the smooth running of the track.
- Advising the Operations Manager on shift of any issues
- Assist the Operations management team with any reasonable tasks
- Managing the evacuation of site in the event of an emergency
- Submitting information towards daily reports for the Company, via the Operations manager.
- Driving all operational aspects of the venue from the front line and troubleshooting problems as they arise
- Managing health and safety protocols including evacuation of site in case of emergency
- Supporting the Operations Team as required
- Be diligent and focused, every day, as you drive the day to day operation of the attraction to ensure the highest operational standards and product excellence
- Operational and performance experience within a visitor attraction, theme part, museum, hotel, theatre, entertainment or tech environment
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi task
- Meticulous attention to detail
- An ability to work calm and effectively under pressure
- High level of communication skills when dealing with the public and colleagues
- Understanding of health & safety and fire evacuation procedures
- Fun and engaging personality!
Application should be sent to email@example.com
Closing date for application: 25th October 2021